Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Feb Page Kit from Scrappers' Cove, Invermere

This month the kit included 4 sheets of patterned cardstock, some ribbon & a package of berry spray. Since we have to make sure we use some of everything provided, I found this month challenging because of the berry spray. Managed to get it on the page but didn't use much. :) Not sure what all the papers were but the black ones are BasicGrey, Little Black Dress.



The main thing I added to the kit was the stitching. I used my new We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Circle to create the circle of hearts to stitch. This is the first time I've used the tool since picking it up at the store. I must say it was really easy to use. I don't have the large mat they recommend for the larger circles so I had to tape 2 of my mats together which worked fine. I set the circle size at 8 1/2". I used red & deep pink craft floss on the hearts. Did some inking with Tim Holtz Distress inks - Fired Brick & Festive Berry. The "Love" bling is from Making Memories & I've had it for ages so nice to be able to finally use it. 

Cricut Cartridges used:

Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art - Champagne Toast shadow font @ 1 1/2" for the monogram initials. Also the hearts from the same cartridge at 1", 1 1/2" & 3". I cut the Letters & the large heart 4 times & glued them together to give a chipboard feel. None of my Cricuts like to cut chipboard so I've given up trying to make them! 

The photo is from Ryan & Christina's wedding in 2010. Yes, I'm still trying to finish their wedding album! Slow & steady wins the race. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Have a great weekend! It is a holiday weekend here in BC. :) First time for a new Family Day weekend introduced this year. Very nice!

2 comments:

  1. Hey the berries look great---and so does the LO. Off to Clipper with Nancey see you in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout Barb
    Haven't used my sew easy circle thingy yet

    ReplyDelete